Becketwood’s Historic Chapel


This historic chapel, preserved to the present day, was built in 1922. It is currently used for ecumenical services, celebrations and special events. Construction of the living spaces at this site began in 1983.

The first Members moved into Becketwood in the spring of 1986. In 1992, Becketwood became an independent Member-owned cooperative corporation. All that remains of the original site are the Sheltering Arms gate posts on West River Parkway and the historic stone chapel.For more information on this Longfellow neighborhood site, their web address is:

Photo: Robert Ball

1 thought on “Becketwood’s Historic Chapel”

Leave a Comment