Again Community Gathers

stone church building with men and women outside on steps, sidewalk, and under a popup white canopy

Location: 4401 Minnehaha Avenue South, Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo

This church building was constructed during the baby boom, as one of the many churches built in Longfellow during the two decades following World War II. It was built as the home of Prince of Glory Lutheran Church, originally founded by Czechoslovakian Lutherans in 1957. Prince of Glory closed in the fall of 1999, and the building was purchased by the
Ethiopian Orthodox congregation there today.

Photo: Jane Strauss